Silcoms Implement a Centralised Product Management System with Q-Pulse Product Management
Founded in 1939, Silcoms is a manufacturing supplier specialising in aerospace parts, chains and components. Without a centralised system in place to manage processes like the ballooning of drawings and conducting test plans, Silcoms were struggling to complete these actions to the required standard. Controlling various documentation was also a challenge.
Since investing in Q-Pulse Product Management back in 2012, Silcoms have managed to improve several areas of their business. They are able to ensure that the parts they manufacture are correct and that they have a clear and concise method for inspection. This helps Silcoms to identify any non-conformances and in turn strengthens the confidence of their customers.
- The reduced need for different formats of documentation for inspections has saved Silcoms time and makes the overall process easier.
- The Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) software package is essential to support their business.
- From the inspection and test plan side, Q-Pulse PM enables the process to flow more easily from start to finish.
- Compared to using standalone spreadsheets and documents, the PPAP software has made it easier for Silcoms to control and supply customers with progress updates.
- Q-Pulse PM makes processes easier to control and reduces time, supporting Silcoms’ aims as a lean manufacturer.
From our experience, if ever we have had an issue, Ideagen have been responsive with numerous site visits and discussions to go through the templates and our overall vision. I would recommend their software and would happily use it for myself in the future.