Q-Pulse Offline Occurrence Reporting helps Finnair capture safety data at point of origin
In partnership with Ideagen, this was successfully achieved using Ideagen’s web service APIs to extend Q-Pulse’s reach to the aircraft enabling the completion of reports whilst airborne and an immediate, automatic upload to Finnair’s SMS on the next available access to their corporate network.
- Reduction in time spent administering previous paper based process
- Resources now freed and can be directed towards analysis of safety data, identifying trends and improving safety
- More robust process of aggregating and analysing data from multiple reports
- Encourages a reporting culture throughout the organisation
- Closed loop reporting cycle
From the point of view of the safety department, the most important benefit is the reduction in time spent administering our paper based process, freeing up resource that can be directed towards the analysis of safety data, identifying trends and improving the safety record of Finnair.