Pentana Risk has provided the CAA with an efficient tool to access and update their risk data
Before Pentana Risk was introduced, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) used Excel and Word for their risk management processes, including business planning, reporting and assurance. However, these had become time consuming, complicated, unstable and unreliable and brought problems with it such as:
- A lack of any consistency in approach
- A lack of governance
- A lacking presence of robust assurance oversight
When Pentana Risk Browser was launched the potential benefits to the CAA were immediately apparent. With the ability to create highly targeted and bespoke dashboards to meet any individual’s or team’s needs and create landing portals pertinent to each unit, division and project, the background noise from the rest of the system data was immediately invisible. This resulted in a quicker and smoother experience when accessing and updating the important data. That coupled with CAA’s Executive and Senior Leadership teams having access to the system on their iOS Apple devices was a huge catalyst for the acceptance and adoption of the system.
- Ability to capture and track dependencies through the system’s ‘Related Links’ feature has increased awareness and effectiveness of working collaboratively
- The CAA has challenged thinking in rooted silos by reinforcing a sense of shared ownership and responsibility
- Cognisant link between day-to-day basis and the influence and impact this has on the organisation’s achievement of its strategic aims.
Download the Case Study
Pentana Risk has proven to be an extremely useful and intuitive tool that has already far outreached the purpose for which it was originally acquired—and there are a few other things in the pipeline—which should lead to Pentana Risk providing even more value to the CAA, its outcomes and even the industry which it regulates.