Ideagen’s Q-Pulse helps CEMA Ltd plug their compliance holes to maintain ISO 9001 and 14001 certification
With a quality system that was being run more or less on spreadsheets, and with various paperwork and data spread across the business in hard format as a result, it was becoming more and more difficult for senior management within the Central Electrical Manufacturing and Automation Ltd (CEMA) quality department to keep on top of its operations.
Indeed, the disconnected nature and maintenance of the system had resulted in routine tasks – such as asset and maintenance calibrations and document retrieval and assessment – becoming extremely time consuming and verging on unmanageable.
Q-Pulse, the quality management software developed by Ideagen, was brought in by CEMA Ltd’s quality team to standardise their approach to all things quality, while easing the efforts required in achieving and maintaining compliance with a series of standards at the same time.
- Q-Pulse has made it easier to spread knowledge of quality and quality requirements; everyone now understands their role and the importance of quality
- A standardised and central place approach to managing quality throughout the entire business
- 847 documents controlled and managed in the system
- Ability to demonstrate compliance and control quickly during audits
- Training requirements and renewal dates can be surfaced in a few clicks, highlighting skills
Q-Pulse helps to keep track of our employee training records, flagging up when training should be renewed and also if there are any gaps in competency against a person’s job role.