NHS Grampian achieve department-wide quality management consistency with Q-Pulse Enterprise
Already users of Q-Pulse, NHS Grampian’s difficulties lay in their departments’ usage and knowledge of the solution. Labs & Radiotherapy shared a database, while Civil Contingencies were extensive users. However, Pharmacy and Nuclear Medicine had never used Q-Pulse and were completely new to the solution. The principal issue was that there was disconnected knowledge and ways of working with no sharing of best practice across departments.
Q-Pulse Enterprise allowed NHS Grampian to operate multiple Q-Pulse databases on one server, meaning all five departments were working from within the one system. This brought with it familiarity of process with regards to quality and safety management.
With Q-Pulse Enterprise, each department immediately saw benefits across their processes including document management – particularly in version control and document approvals – corrective actions, supplier and asset management.
- Central database for meeting the regulatory requirements of CPA and MHRA
- Electronic training records and staff records updated for 170+ staff across 25 sites
- Over 1000 process documentation managed centrally in the system
- 900 assets being tracked ensuring equipment is up to date, maintained and safe
- Evidence of over 100 audits in the system making it easier for auditors to assess and report on operational performance and compliance
- Pathology procedures across the UK centralised and managed from within one system meaning it’s easier to manage compliance
Download the Case Study
Thanks to Q-Pulse Enterprise, we have the confidence that our quality management system is regularly reviewed, accessible to all staff, new documents acknowledged electronically and change requests raised and acted on. Each module on Q-Pulse has the flexibility for designing “wizards” and is user friendly.