Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) can be complex, involving the management of multiple tasks and production of multiple documents. With so many interconnected elements it’s important to manage the process efficiently and maintain visibility, ensuring quality management within the supply chain.
It is not enough for the goal to be: bring a product to market. The goal should be to bring a product to market successfully. This requires guarding profit margins by understanding the requirements and a reliable manufacturing process that delivers the product on time.
There are typical problems that stop supply chains achieving this goal:
- No visibility of PPAP status across the supply chain
- No workflow driving the process across the supply chain
- Contact information being difficult to acquire and keep up to date
- Information in emails being lost
- PPAPs stalling because a staff member is unavailable or left the company
- Out of date documentation being used
- Trouble finding historic PPAP records