As a large group made up of merged housing associations covering a wide geographical area, each of which operated under their own policies, it became a challenge for WM Housing to monitor staff policy sign up. The policy management had no formal structure, and the review timetable was captured in Excel. This was not working for the group as it increased in size and it had become impossible to monitor which staff had read which policies.
With a new suite of policies and a new policy review timetable, there was a need for a system that could report on who had seen and read what, as well as manage the new policy review timetable which could link with other reporting systems and governance arrangements.
- Save cost in terms of paper used and time spent managing the process
- Streamlines the process of signing off and reviewing policies
- Helps manage staff as part of normal management as well as part of the disciplinary process
- Easier administration process
- Provides instant reporting on policy sign off
- Improves Governance and Internal Controls
Pentana Performance Policies has saved paper and created a more streamlined service in terms of sign off and reviews but what most people say they like about it is that it helps them to manage their staff. It has been used in normal management as well as part of the disciplinary process.Abbie Kilcline, Policy Co-ordinator, WM Housing