Welcome to the March edition of Ideagen’s GRC roundup!
In case you missed our latest acquisition news during the busy period of Christmas shopping, we are bringing you a quick roundup to keep you up-to-date with this latest announcement.
On December 18th 2014 Ideagen acquired a Scotland-based software provider, Gael Ltd., authors of the well-known Q-Pulse product. This latest acquisition strengthens Ideagen’s position in the compliance and standards management market and significantly enhances the Group’s Risk Management proposition.
Read more on this acquisition here
In other news, Ideagen are hosting a range of webinars over the next coming weeks, covering a range of topics to include the new Pentana Analytics module and a series of webinars, which provide an introduction to all of Ideagen product offerings for existing customers.
This update also features information about Ideagen’s latest product releases, along with a customer upgrade and information regarding three public sector frameworks that Ideagen has been awarded a place on. So read on to find out more.
As always you can stay up-to-date with Ideagen news and announcements on social media. Follow us on Twitter, friend us on Facebook and join our eGRC Information Hub LinkedIn Group for all the latest updates.
To talk to us, please send us an email or call us directly on (UK) +44 (0) 1629 699 100 or (US) +1 (877) 876 3430 We look forward to hearing from you!
7 benefits of upgrading to Pentana from Lincolnshire County Council
Lincolnshire County Council are a long-standing customer of our legacy Audit Management system, PAWS. We’re delighted to announce that the Council decided to upgrade to Pentana, our market leading GRC & audit software.
Below are the 7 benefits identified by Lincolnshire County Council where Pentana has improved their day-to-day processes.
1. Maintainable organization structure - Pentana allows the Council to accurately reflect the reality of their audit universe and map this to an audit process structure. This mapping creates a two dimensional matrix that proves incredibly useful and invaluable when reporting on audit coverage and progress throughout an organisation, assessing risk and control coverage levels and efficiently tracking corrective actions and their follow up;
2. Libraries - Pentana is offered pre-loaded with a free-of-charge risk, control and test library based upon the internal audit COSO international framework. While this library is comprehensive Ideagen understands that organisations require the ability to quickly enter and access work programmes unique to their specific environment. Pentana allows for strict library control to be put in place to ensure that its contents are of the highest quality in turn enabling auditors to prepare, preform and complete audits efficiently and thoroughly;
3. Annual audit planning - The information entered into Pentana over the course of an audit and planning cycles is used to great affect when undertaking an audit planning process. Data, such as previous audit results and specific risk assessments along with fixed audit frequencies, can be pulled together into a single screen. This allows the audit planning process to be undertaken using the most up-to-date and relevant information without the need for a senior manager to spend time collating key data manually;
4. Reporting - Pentana includes a comprehensive analysis function that allow for graphs to be created using any data point within the application. These graphs can be easily exported to Microsoft programs for professional looking presentations, documents or emails. Each screen within Pentana contains its own report designer; this feature is incredibly powerful as it allows auditors and managers to quickly create reports, customise screens to be relevant to their tasks and export to excel in the click of a button when needed;
5. Smart client - The Pentana smart client is a lightweight independent application. It can be rolled out to users without the need to touch each client PC. The smart client does not require the installation of any supporting software such as SQL server meaning a small package of around 100 MB is all each user will need to use the application;
6. Confidentiality - Flexible and user definable roles are available within the application. With over 250 different permissions an audit department can have complete control over who can see sensitive information;
7. Define audits across multiple entitites - Pentana does not restrict the scope of an audit. This means a single audit can have a very specific or very broad scope that can cover multiple entities (different areas of an organisation). An audit could be for a specific project that covers multiple offices or departments for example.
Find out how Pentana can benefit YOUR organization, get in touch with us today to find out more!
Easysite CMS tops SOCITM 2015 Better Connected Report
Due to the acquisition of EIBS in 2014, Ideagen’s offering grew to include enterprise web content management systems, spanning both public and private sectors.
Following on from this, we’re delighted to announce that Ideagen’s web content management system, Easysite, has been rated by the Society of Information Technology Management (SOCITM) as one of the top 4 suppliers in their Better Connected 2015 Report, and the no.1 supplier based on average star rating.
The purpose of Better Connected is to identify good practice in the development of local authority websites based on extensive evidence-based research.
SOCITM’s 15th annual survey of all 433 local authority websites saw a team of reviewers carry out a structured survey with 224 questions for each local authority websites, followed by four shorter surveys on specific topics.
The results of the survey are then analysed and based on the results, each Council is given a ‘star ranking’ of 1-4 stars (1 being the worst and 4 being the best).
This achievement demonstrates the level of success that can be accomplished through Ideagen’s Professional Services, Account Manager, Service Desk Teams working in partnership with Council web content managers in the successful delivery of some fantastic project implementations.
These projects focused on driving down the cost of service delivery by promoting channel shift through a transformational process, including the integration of back office systems to facilitate process automation and optimisation and support a greater level of personalised on-line self-service functionality. All underpinned by a modernisation programme including mobile optimisation, offering visitors the convenience of securely accessing and interacting with their account on their preferred device, be it desktop, tablet or mobile.
The Better Connected Report is due to be officially published on 1st March 2015, revealing the full detail of each council’s result and we’ll be pleased to share more details with you in the upcoming newsletters.
To find out more about Easysite CMS, contact our Sales Team today!
Coming soon! Pentana v4.0
We are pleased to announce that the new version of the Pentana software is due to be released during Q2 2015.
Pentana v4.0 will be available free of charge to supported customers and supplied as standard to new Ideagen Pentana customers, including those who migrate from Pentana Audit Work System (PAWS).
Find out more about the upcoming changes and prepare to upgrade to Pentana v4.0 by reading our “What’s coming in Pentana v4.0” leaflet >>
To speak to one of our teams about the upcoming changes, call your Account Manager today.
Best of Breed Audit Management solution just got even better!
The Pentana solution now has the capability to deliver Automated Testing and Continuous Monitoring via our new Analytics module.
The tool is designed to fully support your audit testing and provide a continuous monitoring solution.
The results are directly uploaded to Ideagen’s audit and risk management solution, Pentana, along with any supporting evidence!
To read more about Pentana Analytics, click here
NEW! Pentana Analytics webinar. Register now to guarantee your seat at this highly popular webinar. Various dates available! >>
If you're an existing Pentana user with a different analytics tool, do not worry! We can also integrate our Pentana solution with other market-leading analytics tools, enabling you to still benefit from using analytics from within Pentana.
Don't have Pentana, Ideagen's comprehensive and integrated audit management solution? Contact us today and we can help you get up and running with the full solution in no time!
Ideagen successfully awarded places on three public sector frameworks
We are proud to announce that we have been successfully awarded places on three public sector Frameworks - G-Cloud 6, ESPO and NHS Shared Business Services.
Ideagen has a significant experience in providing fully integrated GRC, healthcare and web content management software solutions across multiple sectors, and in particular, to the public sector. The three frameworks will allow Ideagen to continue to successfully provide the broad range of organizations within the public sector with industry leading and value for money software solutions.
Read the full story here
Ideagen webinars have proved to be really popular amongst a wide range of delegates from various GRC industries.
We’re pleased to invite all delegates to attend our upcoming free webinars:
Automated Testing & Continuous Monitoring with Pentana Analytics
Ideagen’s latest addition to its comprehensive and integrated audit management solution, Pentana, opens up a wide range of testing and monitoring capabilities. Our Pentana Analytics webinar will unveil some of the high-level functions, such as execution of scripts, setting of test results and results descriptions, upload of evidence and creation of audit findings.
Delegates can choose from a range of available dates and times. For more information and to sign up, please go to thePentana Analytics Webinar registration page
Next week (March 9th – 11th) Ideagen are attending the General Audit Management Conference in Las Vegas. Organised by The IIA the event brings together top auditing executives to gain exclusive insights and discuss strategies and challenges impacting the audit function. If you’re attending AEC reception you will also have the opportunity to meet with our team.
At this year's event we will be showcasing how you can achieve a Three Lines of Defense approach through Ideagen’s solutions. Please visit us at stand 326-328 to speak to our team and to find out more.
Coming soon! Ideagen’s customer training days – Keep an eye on our websites and emails as more information will be revealed soon!