If you’ve ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there’s a good chance we’ve helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we’ve been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We’re not a large faceless corporation, but we’re not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 450 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we’re one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.
Working across our product development teams, the UX & Design team aim to provide UX and product design to the highest standard within Ideagen’s centre of excellence in Ruddington. In this role, you will be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also be able to understand the overall functionality of our products to ensure a great user experience.
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic User-Experience (UX) Consultant who is passionate about UX & Design, able fully immerse themselves into our business whilst working within our talented UX & Design team.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate the client's product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions, conveying these to the UX & Design Team for production of Hi-Fidelity designs
- Make strategic user-experience decisions related to functions and features of new and existing products
- Take a User-Centered Design (USD) approach, incorporating Ideagens’ design values, and rapidly test and iterate proposed designs
- Mentoring and sharing knowledge with junior members of the team
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Demonstrable experience in a digital/web environment focusing on UX and/or formal training
- Expertise in UX and design software including Sketch, Abstract, InVision and Balsamiq
- Experience working with visual designers, project managers and developers to manage stakeholder expectations
- Proactively keep abreast of the latest UX methodologies and trends, qualifying relevance and practicality ensuring best practices to design solutions for Ideagen’s products
- A solid grasp of UCD, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism within a positive agile environment
- A deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design principles
- Ability to communicate and present knowledge of UX principles in both a formal and informal environment
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; 34 days’ holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay, Contributory Pension Scheme, Free On-site Parking, Private Medical Insurance and many more!
By clicking ‘Apply Now’ you are giving consent for your data to be processed and stored in line with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Company’s Candidate Privacy Notice. You can withdraw consent at any time.