If you’ve ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there’s a good chance we’ve helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we’ve been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We’re not a large faceless corporation, but we’re not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 450 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we’re one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic UI designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. You will have experience working in agile teams alongside developers and UX consultants. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
Positioned within our UX & Design team, the UI Designer is a key component in taking our high standard of UX theory and testing and applying this to rapidly produce usable design layouts and instructions. This will include hi-fidelity mock-ups for developers to build from and also for the inspection of senior stakeholders. The candidate will join a growing design team that is continually improving Ideagen’s growing product portfolio.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and UX designers
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides and user flows, effectively communicating your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the Ideagen’s design principles as well as your own design thinking and research (i.e. colour theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards
- Mentor and share knowledge with junior members within the team
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A proven track record showing examples of experience within the field of UI design
- Strong portfolio to be presented during interview
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc
- Understanding and experience of using tools such as; Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, Sketch, and Abstract
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset
- Experience working with UX Consultants, project managers and developers to manage stakeholder expectations
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; 34 days’ holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay, Contributory Pension Scheme, Free On-site Parking, Private Medical Insurance and many more!
By clicking ‘Apply Now’ you are giving consent for your data to be processed and stored in line with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Company’s Candidate Privacy Notice. You can withdraw consent at any time.