As a supplier of compliance management solutions with over 4000 customers using our products, it would be easy to label Ideagen Plc as a software company, but with offices across the UK, USA, Bulgaria, Malaysia and Dubai we are so much more than that. We are a company that continually works with its customers to maximise what can be achieved with effective management of their compliance system – a remit much wider than a set of products. The last financial year saw us reach 62% growth and with a strategic plan for the future that involves growth through expansion and acquisition there has never been a more exciting time to join the Ideagen Team!
As a Technical Product Owner, you will have ultimate responsibility for how a feature is shaped and delivered, and as such you will be expected to become a domain expert within the application scope. You will be expected to gain a deep understanding of how the product is used by different personas and will be passionate about delivering a class leading product within its target markets.
You will work with a team of Business Analysts to ensure that the details of each product backlog item are prepared to a ‘Definition of Ready’ before a commitment to delivery is made by the development team. You will also be expected to balance the needs of the roadmap against existing issues within the product, such as internal bugs, necessary refactoring and external support cases.
You will be expected to make difficult judgement calls on prioritisation to ensure the quality of the product is high whilst also delivering new features and as such will need to manage stakeholder expectations accordingly through the reporting of progress and risks to the delivery of the roadmap.
- Accountable for the delivery of a product roadmap by working alongside the Product Management team and Business Analysts, to examine existing business models, workflows, and product features with the aim of negotiating an appropriate development backlog to deliver maximum value to the business
- React to changes in existing requirements and be able to adapt to changing business priorities to ensure the agility of the development team through the effective maintenance of the product backlog
- Responsible taking strong, educated leadership decisions on the direction of the product to ensure that the product strives to be the best in class; this includes working closely with the Product Management to understand the products position within the market and how it stacks up against the competition
- Responsible for the constant refinement and estimation of the development backlog to ensure that progress is on track and the development team can maintain velocity
- Ensure that iterative releases are communicated and demonstrated to business stakeholders in a timely manner to ensure that feedback is collected and fed back into the development backlog where necessary
- The ability to balance priorities to ensure that the highest standards are maintained whilst new features are delivered, through clear and effective negotiation between diverse stakeholders with opposing priorities
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycles
- A proven background in Business Analysis or Product Ownership/Management
- Experience of delivering software within an agile development environment
- Strong team working and delegation skills
- Ability to lead delivery in a product development team
- Experience in the creation and maintenance of a product backlog
- Ability to prioritise workloads and manage diverse stakeholder expectations
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, in English
- Comfortable negotiating conflicting priorities and resources
- Experience within the GRC Sector
- A working knowledge of the Product Owner role within Scrum
- PSPO or CSPO/A-CSPO certification
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; Life and Medical Insurance, Dental, 16% Employer EPF Contribution Scheme, Company Share Incentive Scheme, Flexible Holidays, free office fruit and more!
By clicking ‘Apply Now’ you are giving consent for your data to be processed and stored in line with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Company’s Candidate Privacy Notice. You can withdraw consent at any time.