As a supplier of compliance management solutions with over 4000 customers using our products, it would be easy to label Ideagen Plc as a software company, but with offices across the UK, USA, Bulgaria, Malaysia and Dubai we are so much more than that. We are a company that continually works with its customers to maximise what can be achieved with effective management of their compliance system – a remit much wider than a set of products. The last financial year saw us reach 62% growth and with a strategic plan for the future that involves growth through expansion and acquisition there has never been a more exciting time to join the Ideagen Team!
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer with Java (EE) experience to join our existing Technical Team based in Kuala Lumpur. You will be actively encouraged to push the boundaries of new technology to ensure that we choose the most appropriate solutions for delivering our software to enable you to progress to meet your own potential, whilst also giving more junior members of the development team the support they need to help them to fulfil their personal development goals. This role will involve building the current and future versions of our high-quality product suite.
- Implementing new features across the Ideagen Products using Java and open source technologies
- Working closely with our Principle Developers to build well architected Cloud hosted and On-Premise solutions
- Working with Product Managers, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Design Engineers, Development Engineers (Front End), Test Engineers, and Infrastructure Engineers to ensure features are delivered to a high standard
- Working across the Software Development Lifecycle ensuring that our products are delivered to a published roadmap within planned release cycles
- Contributing towards the defining and developing a Sprint backlog to achieve the goals set out by our Product team
- Collaborating with Product Design Team to create an optimal user experience
- Providing unit tests to support and validate for any development work undertaken
- Contributing to the Development Team’s working practices and technology decisions
- Creating necessary documentation relating to work produced
- Mentoring and coaching other members of your team to help grow their skillsets
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- At least 5 years’ commercial experience of Java (EE) up to and including JDK8 or higher
- 5 years’ experience of Apache Tomcat
- Java application frameworks specifically Spring/Spring Boot, JSP
- CI/CD – Jenkins, Ant, Unit Testing
- Scala, Hibernate
- Version control – Git, Tortoise, Visual SVN
- RDMS – SQL Server, MySQL
- Cloud deployment and development platforms, specifically AWS
- Experience in scaling applications; identifying and rectifying performance bottlenecks; managing and removing technical debt
- Management experience of a development team
- Mobile development - Cordova, PhoneGap
- Agile development frameworks specifically Scrum
- SAML2.0, ADFS
- Microsoft Office
- Windows, Unix
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; Life and Medical Insurance, Dental, 16% Employer EPF Contribution Scheme, Company Share Incentive Scheme, Flexible Holidays, free office fruit and more
By clicking ‘Apply Now’ you are giving consent for your data to be processed and stored in line with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Company’s Candidate Privacy Notice. You can withdraw consent at any time.