Senior Software Engineer in Integration
Fri, 31 May 2019
As a supplier of compliance management solutions with over 4000 customers using our products, it would be easy to label Ideagen Plc as a software company, but with offices across the UK, USA, Bulgaria, Malaysia and Dubai we are so much more than that. We are a company that continually works with its customers to maximise what can be achieved with effective management of their compliance system – a remit much wider than a set of products. The last financial year saw us reach 62% growth and with a strategic plan for the future that involves growth through expansion and acquisition there has never been a more exciting time to join the Ideagen Team!
Due to this growth, we are looking to recruit two Senior Software Engineers in Integration to join our existing Technical Team based in Kuala Lumpur. You will be actively encouraged to push the boundaries of new technology, to ensure that we choose the most appropriate solutions for delivering our software and implement new features across our products. You will play a key part in the Agile development team to enable you to progress to meet your own potential, whilst also giving more junior members of the development team the support they need to help them to fulfil their personal development goals. This role will involve integrating our high-quality product suite with advanced 3rd party solutions such as document management systems and complex single sign on solutions.
- Implementing new features across Ideagen Products using .NET Technologies
- Working with external partners to ensure a smooth integration of our technology with theirs
- Directly engaging with customer’s technical teams to understand complex environments
- Working closely with our Principle Developers to build well architected Cloud hosted and On-Premise solutions
- Collaboratively working with Product Managers, Business Analysts, Design Engineers, Development Engineers (Front End), Test Engineers, and Infrastructure Engineers to ensure features are delivered to a high standard
- Providing unit tests to support and validate for any development work undertaken
- Contributing to the Development Team’s working practices and technology decisions
- Mentoring and coaching other members of your team to help grow their skillsets
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- At least 4 years’ experience in a Software Development role ideally using the following software;
ASP.NET using C#,
Databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server)
XML (General concepts and DOM)
REST and SOAP based APIs
Java JDK 6 or later
- A demonstrable ability to deliver technical features within an enterprise application
- Experience of working in an Agile development team; using Source Control; writing unit tests; the build process, continuous integration and delivery
- Working knowledge of key architecture and design patterns as well as a basic understanding of UX/Design
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, in English
- A highly organised manner with the ability to prioritise your own workload and delegate efficiently
- A natural creative and innovative approach with excellent attention to detail and a keen interest in technology
- An ability to overcome potential obstacles in 3rd party products and a logical manner in which to approach these issues
It would be great if you also had experience in any of the following software;
SQL, CSS, jQuery, TypeScript, Ajax, XSLT, Web Services, SAML2, Active Directory/LDAP, Apache Tomcat, and SMTP, Docker, Jenkins, PrizmDoc, Active Directory, Office, OpenXml, VSTO, NAnt, PowerShell, Selenium, Kanoah (Test Management for Jira), Windows Administration, Documentum and OpenText Content Server.
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; Life and Medical Insurance, Dental, 16% Employer EPF Contribution Scheme, Company Share Incentive Scheme, Flexible Holidays, free office fruit and more!
By clicking ‘Apply Now’ you are giving consent for your data to be processed and stored in line with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Company’s Candidate Privacy Notice. You can withdraw consent at any time.