As a supplier of compliance management solutions with over 4000 customers using our products, it would be easy to label Ideagen Plc as a software company, but with offices across the UK, USA, Bulgaria, Malaysia and Dubai we are so much more than that. We are a company that continually works with its customers to maximise what can be achieved with effective management of their compliance system – a remit much wider than a set of products. The last financial year saw us reach 62% growth and with a strategic plan for the future that involves growth through expansion and acquisition there has never been a more exciting time to join the Ideagen Team!
Due to this growth, we are currently recruiting for an individual with experience of working as a Scrum Master in an agile environment to join our team at our office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Scrum Master will be working with three to four existing Scrum teams to help them continually improve and deliver better software, faster.
- Motivating and driving Scrum teams to be focused on delivery and continual improvement in everything they do
- Guiding and reinforcing the organisational culture of improvement and educating on the agile principles
- Strongly serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile values and principles
- Guiding and coaching the Scrum Team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Guiding and coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the teams and organisation and coaching them each in their own way, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for them to constantly improve
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments in any way possible
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (a.k.a. grooming) and managing the product backlog
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM), but working experience is more important than qualifications
- Experience performing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum"
- Excellent communication/writing skills in English
- Outstanding mentoring skills
It would also be highly advantageous if you have:
- Second or third level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III)
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organisations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; Life and Medical Insurance, Dental, 16% Employer EPF Contribution Scheme, Company Share Incentive Scheme, Flexible Holidays, free office fruit and more
By clicking ‘Apply Now’ you are giving consent for your data to be processed and stored in line with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Company’s Candidate Privacy Notice. You can withdraw consent at any time.