As a supplier of compliance management solutions with over 4000 customers using our products, it would be easy to label Ideagen Plc as a software company, but with offices across the UK, USA, Bulgaria, Malaysia and Dubai we are so much more than that. We are a company that continually works with its customers to maximise what can be achieved with effective management of their compliance system – a remit much wider than a set of products. The last financial year saw us reach 62% growth and with a strategic plan for the future that involves growth through expansion and acquisition there has never been a more exciting time to join the Ideagen Team!
Due to this growth, we are currently recruiting for Software Engineers with Java (EE) experience to join our existing Technical Team. The role will be based at our office in Kuala Lumpur. In this role, you will be actively encouraged to push the boundaries of new technology to ensure that we are choosing the most appropriate solutions to deliver our software to our customers and to enable you to progress to meet your own potential. This role will also involve the building of current and future versions of our high-quality product suite such as
- Implementing new features across the Ideagen Products using Java and open source technologies
- Working closely with our Principle Developers and Senior Software Engineers to build well architected Cloud hosted and On-Premise solutions
- Working collaboratively with Product Managers, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Design Engineers, Development Engineers (Front End), Test Engineers, and Infrastructure Engineers to ensure features are delivered to a high standard
- Working across the Software Development Lifecycle ensuring that our products are delivered to a published roadmap within planned release cycles
- Contributing towards the defining and developing a Sprint backlog to achieve the goals set out by our Product team
- Collaborating with Product Design Team to create an optimal user experience
- Providing unit tests to support and validate for any development work undertaken
- Contributing to the Development Team’s working practices and technology decisions
- Creating necessary documentation relating to work produced
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- At least 2 years’ commercial experience of Java (EE) up to and including JDK8 or higher
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Previous experience working with agile developments, specifically scrum
- Experience of web application servers, specifically Apache Tomcat
- Working knowledge and experience of Java applications frameworks such as Spring/Spring Boot, JSP
- Technical skills such as;
- CI/CD – Jenkins, Ant, Unit Testing
- Scala, Hibernate
- Version control – Git, Tortoise, Visual SVN
- RDMS – SQL Server, MySQL
- Experience of mobile development - Cordova, PhoneGap
- Cloud deployment and development platforms, specifically AWS
- Experience in scaling applications; identifying and rectifying performance bottlenecks; managing and removing technical debt
- Technical skills such as;
- SAML2.0, ADFS
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; Life and Medical Insurance, Dental, 16% Employer EPF Contribution Scheme, Company Share Incentive Scheme, Flexible Holidays, free office fruit and more!
By clicking ‘Apply Now’ you are giving consent for your data to be processed and stored in line with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Company’s Candidate Privacy Notice. You can withdraw consent at any time.