As a supplier of compliance management solutions with over 4000 customers using our products, it would be easy to label Ideagen Plc as a software company, but with offices across the UK, USA, Bulgaria, Malaysia and Dubai we are so much more than that. We are a company that continually works with its customers to maximise what can be achieved with effective management of their compliance system – a remit much wider than a set of products. The last financial year saw us reach 62% growth and with a strategic plan for the future that involves growth through expansion and acquisition there has never been a more exciting time to join the Ideagen Team!
We are currently going through a period of expansion within our Kuala Lumpur office and now looking for a talented Java Development Team Leader to join our Technical Team. This is a brand new, exciting opportunity for someone who has a passion for technology and a natural ability to lead a team, allowing yourself and the team to progress to meet your potential.
You will play a key part in pushing the boundaries of new technology ensuring we choose the most appropriate solutions to delivering our software as well as building the current and future versions of our high-quality product suite.
- Leading and managing a team of Software and Senior Software Engineers through performing appraisals, monitoring performance and identifying any training needs for the team
- Implementing new features across the Ideagen Products using Java and open source technologies
- Working closely with our R&D Team, Principle Developers and Senior Software Engineers to build well architected Cloud hosted and On-Premise solutions
- Working collaboratively with Product Managers, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Design Engineers, Development Engineers (Front End), Test Engineers, and Infrastructure Engineers to ensure features are delivered to a high standard
- Contributing towards the defining and developing of a Sprint backlog to achieve the goals set out by our Product team and collaborating with the Product Design Team to create an optimal user experience
- Working across the Software Development Lifecycle ensuring that our products are delivered to a published roadmap within planned release cycles
- Providing unit tests to support and validate any development work undertaken and create the necessary documentation relating to the work produced
- Contributing to the Development Teams working practices and technology decisions
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- At least 2 years’ experience leading a development team
- A minimum for 4 years’ commercial experience of Java (EE) up to and including JDK8 or higher
- Working knowledge of web application servers, specifically Apache Tomcat
- Java application frameworks specifically Spring/Spring Boot, JSP
- CI/CD – Jenkins, Ant and Unit Testing
- Scala, Hibernate
- Version control – GiT, Tortoise, Visual SVN
- RDMS – SQL Server, MySQL
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Mobile development experience – Cordova, PhoneGap
- Experience in scaling applications; identifying and rectifying performance bottlenecks; managing and removing technical debt
- Cloud deployment and development platforms, specifically AWS
- Agile development frameworks, specifically Scrum
- 0, ADFS
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; Life and Medical Insurance, Dental, 16% Employer EPF Contribution Scheme, Company Share Incentive Scheme, Flexible Holidays, free office fruit and more!
By clicking ‘Apply Now’ you are giving consent for your data to be processed and stored in line with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Company’s Candidate Privacy Notice. You can withdraw consent at any time.