As a supplier of compliance management solutions with over 4000 customers using our products, it would be easy to label Ideagen Plc as a software company, but with offices across the UK, USA, Bulgaria, Malaysia and Dubai we are so much more than that. We are a company that continually works with its customers to maximise what can be achieved with effective management of their compliance system – a remit much wider than a set of products. The last financial year saw us reach 62% growth and with a strategic plan for the future that involves growth through expansion and acquisition there has never been a more exciting time to join the Ideagen Team!
Due to this growth, we are looking to expand our team in Kuala Lumpur and are currently looking for a Cyber Security Analyst, with a bias towards Penetration Testing to come and join our growing team. You’ll be naturally inquisitive with a keen interest in IT and the developments within the cyber-security sector and will be required to schedule and test both internal and customer-facing production systems for vulnerabilities and assess the level of potential exploitation.
This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark in a brand-new role and join the Ideagen Team in our dynamic new offices in the heart of Kuala Lumpur!
- Carrying out application, network, systems and infrastructure penetration tests
- Continuous review of physical security and performing social engineering tests where appropriate
- Keep up to date with the latest testing and ethical hacking methods
- Testing methodology and collecting date, reporting these findings to range of stakeholders and make suggestions for security improvements
- Monitor computer networks for security issues and investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security and help colleagues install security software
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard, document these security breaches and assess the damage caused
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A thorough understanding of network protocols
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of using a variety of penetration testing or threat modelling tools including open course and commercial mapping
- An understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus and IDPS concepts
- Experience of using problem solving techniques and threat reporting and developing solutions to meet vulnerability threats
- Penetration testing experience of systems, web-based applications and networks
- Strong technical skills in both information security architecture and penetration testing
- The ability to assess testing tools with a solid understanding of ethical hacking
- Experience of delivering back an easily comprehensible translation of technical terms and processes into ‘lay man’s’ terms
- Excellent English communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to interact efficiently with all levels across the business
- High levels of organisation and data analytical skills and the ability to report on and present this data effectively and recognise trends
It would be great if you also had:
- Registration of the Certified Register of Ethical Security Testers (CREST)
- Hold Cyber-security certifications (CHECK, CTM, CTL, CREST, TIGER, OSCP)
- A degree in Computer Security, Computer Science or other relevant subjects
- Recognised security testing certifications such as GIAC or CEH
- Consulting experience
- Scripting and programming experience
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; Life and Medical Insurance, Dental, 16% Employer EPF Contribution Scheme, Company Share Incentive Scheme, Flexible Holidays, free office fruit and more!
By clicking ‘Apply Now’ you are giving consent for your data to be processed and stored in line with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Company’s Candidate Privacy Notice. You can withdraw consent at any time.